The Offspring is a punk and pop/thrash band from Southern California that formed in the 1980’s. The Offspring are best known for their punk and pop/thrash style they developed while helping skate and surf punk emerge and surge in the 90’s. The band’s top and best-known songs cover the full spectrum of music, from serious and hardcore punk like from their Ignition and Smash albums, to playful and downright silly songs, like the track “Pretty Fly For A White Guy”.
The Offspring has been active since the 80’s, seeing varied commercial success along the way. They continue to sell out large shows and release albums, although their new release Let The Bad Times Roll saw a nine year gap from their previous album Days Go By. The band is also in legal turmoil with their former and longtime bassist, and one of only three original band members, Greg K. (Greg Kriesel). Greg K. filed a lawsuit against Dexter and Noodles claiming they fired him and excluded him from all band activities, performances and that the two conspired to seize all business and assets of the group.
The band has been a fan favorite for everyone here at The Retro. From the very first time we heard “You gotta keep ’em separated” we were hooked! That being said, the older albums tend to float up to being our most preferred works. Ignition, especially since the remastering of the CD, really highlights the young, punky side of Dexter and Noodles, and their feverish taste. Call them pop punk, or whatever label you wish to place upon them, but skate/surf punk is more appropriate for their early tracks.
- The Offspring (Self-Titled – Released in 1989)
- Ignition (Released in 1992)
- Smash (Released in 1994)
- Ixnay On The Hombre (Released in 1997)
- Americana (Released in 1998)
- Conspiracy Of One (Released in 2000)
- Splinter (Released in 2003)
- Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace (Released in 2008)
- Days Go By (Released in 2012)
- Let The Bad Times Roll (Released in 2021)
- Dexter Holland (Singer and Rhythm Guitar)
- Kevin “Noodles” Wasserman (Lead Guitar)
- Pete Parada (Drummer)
- Todd Morse (Rhythm & Bass Guitar)
- Greg K. (Gregory David Kriesel)
- Ron Welty
- Doug Thompson
- James Lilja
- Jim Benton
- Marcus Parris
- Atom Willard