System Of A Down is a nu-metal post grunge rock/metal band from Southern California. All of the band members are Armenian-American and are heavily involved in benefits and movements to bring attention to Armenian genocide. System Of A Down gained national attention and increasingly earned awards and radio play starting from the release of their Self-Titled album System Of A Down. In the next couple of years, the group released four more extremely successful records including Toxicity, Steal This Album! and the double CD release of Mezmerize and Hypnotize in 2005.
System Of A Down hasn’t released an album since, but did release the single “Protect the Land” and another song “Genocidal Humanoidz”. The songs were released to benefit humanitarian needs and the Armenia Fund. Guitar player Daron Malakian stated he originally wrote the songs for his band Scars On Broadway, but decided to release it with System Of A Down when the Nagorno-Karabakh war broke out in 2020.
- System of a Down (Released in 1998)
- Toxicity (Released in 2001)
- Steal This Album! (Released in 2002)
- Mezmerize (Released in 2005)
- Hypnotize (Released in 2005)
- Serj Tankian (Lead Singer/Keyboards)
- Daron Malakian (Lead Guitar/Backup Singer)
- Shavo Odadjian (Bass Player/Backup Vocals)
- John Dolmayan (Drummer)
- Andy Khachaturian (Drummer Before Studio Albums Were Released)